Sunday 15 March 2015

"Oops" error when you try to activate EMS licenses

EMS Landing page

You are trying to activate EMS licenses and you encounter the following error:

"Oops. Access to Azure Active Directory is not available. Automatic access to Azure Active Directory is limited to customers with paid services. To access you Azure Active Directory you will need to activate an Azure subscription."



If you see this error you has missed a step in the process. DO NOT choose to activate an Azure subscription as the message says. This will just get you a 30 day free trial and you will have to enter your credit card details during the process. 



I looked through my emails and I found the problem in my case. You receive several emails throughout the process. One of the emails was prompting me to accept the license terms for my Open license. I did that and was able to continue normally.

You do not need to enter your credit card details if you are activating pre-paid services that you have purchased though a license agreement. If you are prompted you have made a mistake.


No comments:

Post a Comment