The Device Enrollment Manager is a really useful concept in Microsoft Intune. You can see full details in the TechNet Library
Enroll corporate-owned devices with the Device Enrollment Manager in Microsoft Intune
So, what is it all about?
Essentially the Device Enrollment Manager is a special Intune account that has permission to enroll more than five devices.
When would I use this feature?
You could have a situation whereby a manager has to enroll many mobile devices for his/her team to provide access to certain applications. If there is no requirement for the users to actually log on to the Intune Company Portal then this is the perfect situation for using Device Enrollment Manager.
What can the Device Enrollment Manager do?
- Enroll devices in Intune (more than the standard 5)
- Log on to company portal to get company apps
- Install and uninstall software
- Configure access to company data
Are there any other considerations?
- The Device Enrollment Manager user cannot be an Intune administrator
- Only users that already exist in the Intune console can be Device Enrollment Managers.
- Device Enrollment Managers cannot reset the device from the company portal.
How do I configure this?
In the Intune console navigate to Administration > Administrator Management > Device Enrollment Managers
Select to Add
Enter the User ID (note that this user must already exist in the console).
The Device Enrollment Manager has been created and can now mass enroll devices (as normal - there is no special procedure).