Thursday, 27 November 2014

Intermittent issue with Direct Access connection

I had this tricky problem on a customer site recently. Direct Access (Windows Server 2012 R2) worked perfectly most of the time but intermittently the Workplace Connection would just remain "Connecting" indefinitely. The logs showed that the connection failed with the following error:

0x274c

CouldNotConnectToDirectAccessServer

This error was too generic to be useful and there was no pattern to this bizarre behaviour.

I eventually found the problem. ISATAP had not been removed from the Global Query Blocklist on one of the DNS servers.


Note that this is not an automatic process. It has to be done manually on all DNS servers. I removed ISATAP and restarted the DNS Server service.

Problem solved.





No comments:

Post a Comment